Thursday, October 22, 2015

Tiny Miracles intensive care SURPRISED

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

0:00
(pleasant piano music)
0:16
- The NICU is an intensive care,
0:19
which means that our babies are very critical,
 
and we don't know if they're gonna even make it through
 
a shift.
 
These parents, they don't get to take their babies home.
 
I feel like if I treat the babies like I would want somebody
 
to treat my baby when I'm not there,
 
that's the most important thing.
 
I do keep in touch with families once they've gone home,
 
It's so rewarding to see how they're progressing,
 
babies that you thought would never even
 
make it out of here, and just knowing you had a part of that
 
is just a wonderful feeling.
 
- [Voiceover] Let's have you sit down here.
 
- [Renee] Okay
 
- [Voiceover] Press that arrow right there. There you go.
 
- Oh!
 
- [Voiceover] Renee was there the moment my son was born,
 
the first time that he opened both of his eyes
 
she took the picture to capture it.
 
- [Voiceover] I was completely freaked out,
 
Renee calmed me down, she talked me through everything.
 
- She was the first person that let me hold my daughter.
 
- She asked, you know, do you want to hold him?
 
None of the other nurses have allowed it.
 
This is the first time that I got to hold him,
 
and caress him.
 
- [Voiceover] She loved my child as her own child.
 
- Renee saved my son's life, multiple times.
 
- [Voiceover] Renee, I want to thank you so much.
 
- You are our hero.
 
- There are not enough words to thank you for
 
all you have done.
 
- [Voiceover] Thank you so much for everything
 
that you did for Presley.
 
- [Renee] Thank you.
 
Are you kidding me?
 
- [All] Thank you, Renee!
 
- All my babies!
 
(applause)
 
- [Renee] What just happened here was crazy.
 
All my favorite people in one room!
 
I love taking care of these babies.
 
I don't do what I do for any kind of thank you,
 
but it's a wonderful feeling to be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment